Author Topic: Shiny and New and need advice  (Read 1281 times)

Offline Caerulea

Shiny and New and need advice
« on: November 19, 2012, 12:30:26 am »
Hi all, I have finally gotton round to start ordering one of the things for me and hubby to stop smoking. The final straw was our eldest sons best friend trying smoking (he is 11). Sick of being a hypocrite and a bad influence!

SO, in my basket I have the Vision Ego. I smoke Additive Free Drum(with two skinny filters) and hubby smokes blue Drum. I don't want a baccy flavoured liquid and don't really want any nicotine in the it at all.

What should I be looking at? I find the site a little confusing as a novice. What extras will we need to make that starter pack work for the both of us?

Thanks for any advice and WOOP WOOP to actually giving this ^&*$ up!

Offline TopCookie

• O M G
  • Absolute fcuker...!!!
Re: Shiny and New and need advice
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 12:32:11 am »
Greetings Caerulea...  welcome to the forum lass...  You in South Wales by any chance...?

Offline Caerulea

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 12:34:43 am »
South Wales? Hehe nope - was it something in my accent?

I am in sleepy North Cornwall as it happens, where peer pressure affects our little kiddies just like anywhere else. So I can wave to South wales, but that is about it  ;)

Offline TopCookie

• O M G
  • Absolute fcuker...!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 12:36:24 am »
If you get the "Vision eGo Replaceable" kit, that is a great starting point...  then come and chat on the forum and you'll soon pick up hints and tips on what best to add to your collection of hardware and/or e-liquids...

I'm not sure going directly in for zero nicotine is a good idea though, if you are both still smokers...  much better to at least get a small amount, such as 8mg, just to start with...  Flavours are so subjective, the only real thing to do is have a good look around the site at the available e-liquids and see which appeals to you...  I would suggest getting a bit of a selection of smaller bottles rather than one or two large bottles, especially as it takes time to suss out what your preferences are...  :)

Offline TopCookie

• O M G
  • Absolute fcuker...!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 12:37:11 am »
Ah, the South Wales thing was the spelling of your forum name...  with the Cae at the start there...  :)

Offline Caerulea

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 12:45:21 am »
Thank you - I will go navigate now and see what takes my fancy.

The Cae thing is cos I love the word Caerulean (as in Caeser). If I ever had a daughter it was going to be her name. Never did, so I have to satisfy myself with it being my username online. I figured none of my sons would appreciate it very much.

Right, going to get some flavours and order them. I have sworn not to go to bed till this is done, and I am getting tired now.

Wish me luck.

Offline TopCookie

• O M G
  • Absolute fcuker...!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 12:46:55 am »
Good luck Caerulea...  :D

You can use the promo code:  15PC   for a little discount if it helps lass...  :)

Offline Indigo340

• O M G
  • ¿ ƃuoɹʍ oƃ ʎlqıssod plnoɔ ʇɐɥʍ
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 12:47:02 am »
Hello Caerula, I have to agree with TC on equipment and liquid choice but I would recommend a higher nicotine level for the hubby, maybe 18mg or perhaps 14mg. This will certainly beat any cravings and the urge to reach for the rollies. The reason you are smokers is mainly due to the nicotine so unless you have iron will power and can quit smoking outright, then you will most certainly go into nicotine withdrawal and I am sure you know what that is like.

Offline Caerulea

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 12:48:25 am »
Oh, and what about the PG and VG thing? Is it better to start with the PG if they last longer?

Offline Indigo340

• O M G
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 12:49:55 am »
Best to try some of each and see which, if any, you prefer.

Offline TopCookie

• O M G
  • Absolute fcuker...!!!
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 12:51:54 am »
Yep, I agree with Indigo there...  try one or two flavours with one of each type if you can...  The Liberty Flights "Original Range" are fantastic e-liquids, may help you cut down on the impossibly long selection process to start looking at those first...  They are very reliable and very good quality e-liquids...  :)

Offline Caerulea

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 01:02:42 am »
OK, one last question before I press go - with the clearomizers, what does 2.1 - 2.4 and 2.4 - 2.9 mean?

Offline TopCookie

• O M G
  • Absolute fcuker...!!!
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2012, 01:05:07 am »
Hard to explain swiftly...  but you want the 2.1 - 2.4 to start with...

Offline Caerulea

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2012, 01:07:11 am »
Thanks, that is all I needed. I am too tired right now even if you did explain.

BTW - the 10% off was very VERY gratefully received, thank you kindly.

Offline TopCookie

• O M G
  • Absolute fcuker...!!!
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2012, 01:07:58 am »
Those figures relate to the heating coil's resistance, and the lower the resistance, the more heat is produced - more heat means more vapour and "throat hit", or better performance basically...  Takes time to suss all these new words and sayings out, but by coming on the forum you will get into the swing of things very quickly...  Seems a little bewildering initially, same for everybody, but you'll get it sussed in no time lass...  :)

Offline TopCookie

• O M G
  • Absolute fcuker...!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 01:08:37 am »
...  and you're most welcome Caerulea...  :)

Offline Caerulea

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2012, 01:19:58 am »
Right, well thank you TopCookie and Indigo, I really appreciate your advice.

I am through the basket and in reciept of one order confirmation email. I actually feel like doing a little dance! I feel quietly confident about this - all our other attempts at giving up very nearly left blood stains on the carpets...walls....curtains.... and three children having to visit their parents in prison  ;)

Good night and cheers again - back in a few days with a box of tricks I have NO clue what to do with.

Offline TopCookie

• O M G
  • Absolute fcuker...!!!
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2012, 01:22:08 am »
Enjoy your new adventure Caerulea...  and congratulations on picking up the challenge of quitting cigarettes, it is a great move...  :)

Offline ddavitt

• God Like
  • Ride on . Vape strong !
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2012, 02:10:35 am »
Welcome to the forum Caerulea !

And well done on giving up the stinkies !!

TopCookie and Indigo will certainly never steer you wrong here , but they , especially TC have a reputation for giving expensive advice , clutch your purse strings tightly  Girl !!  ;D

Offline Big-Oinker

• God Like
  • dont sniff the pig's behind
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2012, 06:41:13 am »
hi and welcome to the nut house ;D

davitt is right ... cookie will be very helpfull with spending you money on shineys ;D

Offline OnkyWonky

• Do you mind if I don't smoke ?
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2012, 05:39:23 pm »
Hello Caerula, I have to agree with TC on equipment and liquid choice but I would recommend a higher nicotine level for the hubby, maybe 18mg or perhaps 14mg. This will certainly beat any cravings and the urge to reach for the rollies. The reason you are smokers is mainly due to the nicotine so unless you have iron will power and can quit smoking outright, then you will most certainly go into nicotine withdrawal and I am sure you know what that is like.

Hi Caerula, nice to greet you. I totally agree with Indigo it's best to start at 18mg or 14mg and then drop down over the next few months.

It's better to keep some feathers because there is nothing worse than a cold turkey

Offline mechanism

• O M G
  • Ⓛⓘⓑⓔⓡⓣⓨ Ⓕⓛⓘⓔⓡ
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2012, 05:52:07 pm »
Welcome Caerulea and congratulations on making one of the best decisions of your life ;)

Looking forward to hearing how you're getting along with the kit you bought :)

Offline El Zipster

• O M G
  • HF Dripper on a Raptor TWICE!!!
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2012, 07:13:32 pm »
Welcome to the forum Caerulea
I think the best advice that has been given so far is that of not trying to drop your nicotine levels too soon. Mrs Z started with 14mgs of Nic and has dropped to 2mgs in 5 months. But she has recently said to go directly to 2mgs from the off would have had her smoking again soon after. She also has designs on getting to 0 nic ultimately.
Cheers
Zip

Offline daft vapour

• Rookie
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2012, 07:52:00 pm »
I'm not sure going directly in for zero nicotine is a good idea though, if you are both still smokers...

Got to agree TC not unless you want to be on a Manslaughter charge.

Ive quit smoking over 4 weeks ago(you got to start at the start) and im not ready to give up nicotine,the good thing with mixing your own is that you can decrease the level of nic your getting.

im trying an experiment on the wife were she thinks it contains Nic,but it dont,the moment she wants to kill me thats when i'll swap over the 'mizers

Offline Caerulea

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2012, 09:42:10 pm »
Evening all.

Well,  they are in the post so hopefully it all begins tomorrow...or Wednesday being as Cornish post still gets delivered by horse and cart.   

Experiment, you say daft? I tried that with decaff coffee on my hubby, he never notices. That,  however, does not carry the same life threatening risks as your test! How long have you been trying her out on the no nicotine?

On the 'mixing your own' front,  how does that work? Is that for flavour combinations or for nicotine strengths?

Offline El Zipster

• O M G
  • HF Dripper on a Raptor TWICE!!!
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2012, 09:47:29 pm »
I personally mix different premixed flavours and differing nic levels to get the flavour and strength that I like.
For example. I mix two different flavours together at 18 mg and then use a different flavour at 0 mgs to bring my mix down to
a final 12 mgs.
Others mix juice from scratch, and I'll leave it to them to explain their methods to you.  ;)
Cheers
Zip

Offline ddavitt

• God Like
  • Ride on . Vape strong !
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2012, 10:03:14 pm »
I'm not sure going directly in for zero nicotine is a good idea though, if you are both still smokers...

Got to agree TC not unless you want to be on a Manslaughter charge.

Ive quit smoking over 4 weeks ago(you got to start at the start) and im not ready to give up nicotine,the good thing with mixing your own is that you can decrease the level of nic your getting.

im trying an experiment on the wife were she thinks it contains Nic,but it dont,the moment she wants to kill me thats when i'll swap over the 'mizers

I think he maybe working up the courage to try that one  ;D

Offline Indigo340

• O M G
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2012, 10:16:08 pm »
For mixing advice, you should look here, it has most of the basic info that you need.

http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1208.0

Offline TopCookie

• O M G
  • Absolute fcuker...!!!
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2012, 10:28:01 pm »
Good luck Caerulea  :)

Offline daft vapour

• Rookie
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2012, 02:09:39 pm »
@Caerulea
LOL Had to come clean as she kinda new what i was doing,so we are both on 15% nic strength at the mo and will leave it like that for some time,
im new too so im just building up my juice collection so im not doing to much mixing ,need to clean the basic stuff first  ;)