Author Topic: Weird side effects anyone?  (Read 3045 times)

Offline Caerulea

Weird side effects anyone?
« on: December 04, 2012, 09:20:29 pm »
Ok, so in my previous post we talked about all the lovely positive things that come from giving up 'analogues' and taking up their digital counterparts. We also touched upon Fuzzy Felt Mouth and even Bleeding Gums.

So, I have a new one....ahem....why oh why do I smell like I am rotting inside? I mean seriously! At work, we had a dead rat that we could not find and the smell was horrific, permeated through the ceiling into the next floor! I smell WORSE! I want to run away from myself in disgust!  :-[ :-[

I don't generally suffer from internal putrefaction and I keep having to apologise to my children. I even used it as a threat if they kept mucking about at bedtime....'Mummy is going to stay in the bedroom if you don't settle down, and you really don't want that!'.

Is this normal? Do I need to start some kind of mummification process to stop myself decaying further?

« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 09:37:58 pm by Caerulea »

Offline Indigo340

• O M G
  • ¿ ƃuoɹʍ oƃ ʎlqıssod plnoɔ ʇɐɥʍ
Re: Weird site effects anyone?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 09:34:04 pm »
lol (sorry lol) that's a new one on me !
The only possibility that comes to mind is perhaps the juice is causing a reaction, do you use PG or VG ?
It could also be that your body is adapting to a different level of nicotine, I believe the body uses nicotine to aid bowel movements to some extent. It may be worth looking down that road.

Offline TopCookie

• O M G
  • Absolute fcuker...!!!
Re: Weird site effects anyone?
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 09:36:07 pm »
lolol...  ;D

Offline Caerulea

Re: Weird side effects anyone?
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 09:43:03 pm »
 :'( :'( I am not wholly sure what you mean when you talk about bowel movements, then suggest that I 'look down that road'

I am not going anywhere NEAR that road! I expect the neighbours have already called the police and they are going to be here any minute to search for the body.

*sigh* I have been using both PG and VG and I am currently vaping a 50/50 mix Vanilla Custard.

I might just go check on my smallest kiddies, I am worried I might actually have gassed them......

Offline TopCookie

• O M G
  • Absolute fcuker...!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 09:44:53 pm »
lolol...  I suspect this is just a question of body familiarity with vaping, and that it will pass soon enough...  :)

My bizarre side effect is a permanently runny nose now...  annoying really, but compared to the side effects from smoking, it's nothing to worry about in the scheme of things...  ;D

Offline Indigo340

• O M G
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 09:47:20 pm »
I'm fairly sure TC is right.
What I meant to say was you could see if you could find anything related to nicotine intake and your (ahem) problem  :-\

Offline OnkyWonky

• Do you mind if I don't smoke ?
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 09:54:29 pm »
Vegetable Glycerin Allergies & Side effects
Allergies

The risk of being allergic to vegetable glycerin is very low. The only patient population which may experience problems with metabolism of Glycerol would be diabetics owing to the anabolic hepatic pathway which can convert free Glycerol to glucose(but this would still not be an issue at the levels used in vaping).

Side Effects

The most common noted side effect of inhalation of e-liquid containing vegetable glycerin is a dry mouth, sore throat, and increased thirst. These symptoms usually last just a few days to a week as the body gets used to the vegetable glycerin. These symptoms can be lessened by drinking more water and liquids then usual for the first few weeks of using your e-cigarette.

If you are moving from smoking traditional cigarettes to e-cigarettes, you will find there are many side effects of quitting smoking tobacco products. It is very easy for a new user of an e-cigarette to incorrectly attribute these quitting smoking side effects to the e-cigarette, when in fact they are likely the result of your bodies reaction to quitting smoking tobacco cigarettes. Side effects of quitting smoking include: Bad breath, stomach pain, nausea, constipation, increased appetite, skin breakout's, increased coughing, insomnia, depression, vagueness, irritability, flatulence, dry throat, nasal drip, dizziness, vertigo. Many of these side effects of quitting smoking will be alleviated by using the e-cigarette.

Offline Indigo340

• O M G
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 10:16:57 pm »
Side effects of quitting smoking include: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . , flatulence, dry throat, nasal drip, dizziness, vertigo. Many of these side effects of quitting smoking will be alleviated by using the e-cigarette.
so it seems you may need to vape more  ;D

Offline Caerulea

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 10:26:09 pm »
Well, I have to agree with the being thirsty thing for sure. I have definately been having issues sleeping too....and so will my poor husband tonight. Just what you need as your sense of smell is returning, your wife smelling like a zombie that has been lain in a fetid swamp for years!

So, it looks like I might be (slightly) normal then. It does make you wonder just how much nicotine you actually get from these things though, I know I am only on 8mg, but I was smoking Brown Drum with two skinny filters beforehand. So I would not have thought my nic intake was all the high in the first place.

Offline TopCookie

• O M G
  • Absolute fcuker...!!!
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 10:30:43 pm »

Offline Indigo340

• O M G
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 10:38:02 pm »
The filters will take out a lot of the heavier substances like tar but a lot of the nicotine will pass right through them.

Offline Caerulea

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 10:51:16 pm »
Oh dear - my husband is home from work, let us see how far he gets into the room......

Offline OnkyWonky

• Do you mind if I don't smoke ?
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 11:01:00 pm »
Tell him it's Egg F'arts ;)

Offline TopCookie

• O M G
  • Absolute fcuker...!!!
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 12:16:56 am »

Offline El Zipster

• O M G
  • HF Dripper on a Raptor TWICE!!!
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 01:30:40 am »
LOL just to put your mind at rest when I started I used 100% PG and had no 'Smelly' Problems, but when I started to use VG the gases it produced were exceptional!! I already had a university degree in farting LOL but this took things to a new level. It also effected Mrs Z the same, when she wore tights her ankles were permanently swollen LOL. You (and your family and friends) will  be pleased to know that this soon passes (no pun intended LOL) and life slowly but surely returns to normal  :D
Cheers
Zip

Offline TopCookie

• O M G
  • Absolute fcuker...!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 01:39:26 am »
But in the meantime...

Offline El Zipster

• O M G
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2012, 01:47:42 am »
LOL
Cheers
Zip

Offline TopCookie

• O M G
  • Absolute fcuker...!!!
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2012, 01:55:04 am »
Actually, to be fair, Caerulea is lucky...  I just pen & ink all the damn time...   :o

Offline El Zipster

• O M G
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 01:57:17 am »
Me too, see above post LOL
Cheers
Zip

Offline TopCookie

• O M G
  • Absolute fcuker...!!!
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2012, 02:04:07 am »

Offline El Zipster

• O M G
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 02:06:07 am »
Where do you find em from LOL
Cheers
Zip

Offline TopCookie

• O M G
  • Absolute fcuker...!!!
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2012, 02:12:15 am »
I had a little help with a few lately...  ;)

Offline Indigo340

• O M G
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2012, 10:51:45 am »
Whenever I post them pics, they just slip under the radar, when TC nicks them they get noticed lol, I suppose you are better at placing them in the right context  ;)

Offline TopCookie

• O M G
  • Absolute fcuker...!!!
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2012, 11:29:36 am »
lolol...  I'm surprised Kaz hasn't got onto me about being a pic thief...  lolol...  ;D

Offline ddavitt

• God Like
  • Ride on . Vape strong !
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2012, 05:19:55 am »
Oh dear - my husband is home from work, let us see how far he gets into the room......

Not had that side effect , at least not over and above the usual , LOL  :o
BUT , I have noticed an peculiar odor , similar to when one eats fresh aparagus when taking a tinkle , not at all like asparagus aroma and not entirely unpleasant , sort of just not the usual musky odor .  :-\